* This is a completely different song than 1982's "Scarred For Life"
- Scarred For Life *
- The Creeper **
- It's A Shame
- High Line
- Suicide ***
- 4th Form Fantasy
- Street Fighting Man
** Original version of 'The Creeper', later recorded for 2007's "Blood Brothers"
*** Original version of 'Suicide City', later recorded in shorter form for 1981's "Assault & Battery"
1979 Sydney (Trafalgar Studios) sessions Produced by Lobby Loyde
1980 Los Angeles (Pasha Studios) sessions Produced by Billy Thorpe
These album notes are based mostly on information from Murray Engleheart's essential history of Oz Rock - "Blood, Sweat & Beers".
This book offers a definitive history of Rose Tattoo, along with other Oz hard rock legends such as Lobby Loyde, Billy Thorpe & the Aztecs,
and The Angels. More info is available on the "Books" page of this site.
- Began as self financed recordings entitled "SCARRED" with Lobby Loyde at Trafalgar Studios, Sydney in December 1979.
- Lobby says it was Rose Tattoo "claiming their own space."
- Angry called it "...blues-based in a sense, but there's no boogie to it. A lot of it is quite dark."
- Alberts showed no interest in the 1979 recordings, and no interest in Rose Tattoo as a 4 piece band
- The Tatts traveled to Los Angeles in early 1980, where they re-recorded some of the material with Billy Thorpe as producer.
- Only "Street Fighting Man" has been officially released by Alberts, as part of the 2014 "Good Times" collection.